TRIBEZA Style Week hosted their annual fashion show this Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at FAIR MARKET. TRIBEZA Fashion Show 2014, produced by HIGH BEAM EVENTS, organized the elaborate event that felt more “Austin” than in years past. Featuring live music for the models to walk to, THE NIGHTOWLS, were a breath of fresh air that offered an atypical fashion show experience. The runway looks were selected by Fashion Stylist, Sara Oswalt from local boutiques which streamlined the vision and created a cohesiveness. TRIBEZA explored this new concept with Sara; and with success, this year’s runway resembled collection work for the first time.
BACKSTAGE WITH PROPAGANDA HAIR GROUP
PROPAGANDA HAIR GROUP was honored to be named the official backstage hair and makeup team for TRIBEZA Style Week. When asked about the vision of the hair, PROPAGANDA HAIR GROUP owner Lati Domi explained, “What we were trying to achieve was a soft and youthful look. The messy braid made sense after seeing the clothing selections. We also kept in mind that Austin would relate to a carefree style.”
GET THE HAIR LOOK
- Start with clean dry hair.
- Working in small sections, saturate the hair with SACHAJUAN Hair Mousse and blow dry using a large round brush.
- Using a 1″ barrel iron and small sections, curl the entire head away from the face leaving the end uncurled. DAVINES This Is A Medium Hairspray were used as an iron spray prior to each curl.
- LABEL.M Resurrection Style Dust and ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray were used to give a starchy grip to the hair’s texture.
- The front of the hair was left out and a parted based on the model’s face shape.
- Long hair was sectioned into three equal vertical sections, braided and tied with elastic string.
- The elastic string was covered by wrapping hair around the band, and then secured with a bobby pin.
- The braid tail was flat ironed and the entire look sprayed to hold the shape.
Special thanks to the “group” at PROPAGANDA HAIR GROUP. Our backstage team consists of extremely talented hairstylists and makeup artists confidently delivering the highest level of expertise. Thank you guys for a great show!!
Stay tuned for the second edition to this post featuring more backstage TRIBEZA Style Week Fashion Show coverage, images by NEENA NGUYEN and a “Get the MAKEUP Look” tutorial.
Thank you for reading our blog, we appreciate your plusses, likes, pins and shares. To see our work editorial work featured in TRIBEZA, check out this month’s TRIBEZA Style Issue.